Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Interventional Radiology
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 10HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Works under the supervision of the Service Line Manager and Lead Technologist. Assists the Radiologist and Neurointerventionalist with diagnostic angiography, interventional and neuro interventional procedures performed for the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Performs any combination of the following duties depending on area assigned.
1. Performs all diagnostic, interventional, and neuro-interventional procedures.
2. Assists physician with diagnostic angiographic procedures, as well as complex vascular and nonvascular interventional, therapeutic, and neuro interventional procedures; maintains a sterile field.
3. Prepares and positions patient prior to procedure and remains at bedside throughout the procedure.
4. Reports changes in the patient condition to appropriate personnel for follow-up.
5. Provides education to patient and family regarding procedure. Transports patients as needed.
6. Administers contrast media per established medication review protocols.
7. Documents procedural related information, performs radiographic image post-processing, and inputs procedural charges.
8. Performs related duties such as cleaning work area, replenishing supplies, assisting others, and reporting equipment malfunctions.
9. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Radiology Tech-Registered
* Associate Degree
Experience: 1-2 years as an Interventional Radiology technologist, preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.