Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 10HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
The Endoscopy Technician assists physicians and RN’s during Endoscopy procedures, room turnover, cleaning and assembly of equipment, and stocking supplies, and transporting of patients.
1. Assists physicians and RN’s during endoscopic, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures with technique appropriate to patient’s age and developmental stage.
2. Prepares, assembles, and cleans scopes, instruments, equipment, rooms for procedures according to established protocols.
3. Will perform routine clerical functions and data entry in scheduling procedures, filing procedure data and ensuring accuracy of patient identification.
4. Communicates in a positive and effective manner with members of the department and health care team and acts as liaison between department and other departments.
5. Performs other tasks or duties as identified & assigned by the charge RN, Coordinator or Manager.
6. May perform moderate of waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
7. Transports specimens as needed.
8. Assists/or performs PCT job duties.
9. Transports patients to and from the Endoscopy Department with technique appropriate to patient’s age and developmental stage.
* Cert Nursing Asst I
* High School Diploma
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in hospital or physician office setting as transporter, aide or other patient care related duties. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.