Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Department: Respiratory Therapy
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12 HR Nights
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Works under the supervision of the Respiratory Care Coordinator. Provides direct patient care to patients in all clinical area, including evaluations and treatments according to procedural guidelines.
1. Administers to patients in age group of neonate through geriatric a variety of simple and complex respiratory and cardiology modalities.
2. Maintains appropriate patient records/documentation. Records documentation at time procedure is performed.
3. Cleans, disinfects, assembles, calibrates, maintains respiratory and cardiology equipment and accessories. Evaluates equipment for proper and safe function. Reports malfunctions to director.
4. Performs arterial puncture and analyzes sample according to procedure guidelines.
5. Interacts with co-workers, nurses, physicians, other hospital personnel to optimize continuum of care for patient being treated.
6. Participates in ongoing performance improvements within the department by offering ideas to improve quality of patient care and overall efficiency of the department.
7. Responds to Code Blue and other emergencies that could require Respiratory support.
* Lic Resp Care Practitioner
* Reg Respiratory Therapist
* Associate Degree
Experience: Minimum 2 years prior experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.