Location: NHRMC Heart Center
Department: Cape Fear Heart Associates
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift between 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Responsible for assisting with external pacemaker and defibrillator testing and related patient care. Responsible for all clerical duties relating to device charts, appointments and follow up of device patients within the practice. Conveys a positive image of the clinic. May be assigned to specific clinical area (e.g., pacemaker lab, laboratory, check-in, special testing) to assist with patient care. Demonstrates excellent customer service and telephone skills when dealing with patients, referring physician offices and the Central Billing Office both in person and on the telephone.
Explains procedures and testing preparation to patients using appropriate patient education materials.
2. Performs diagnostics on patients (stat and non-stat) in competent and caring manner.
3. Assists with stress test and stress echoes as scheduled.
4. Explains to patient about when/where results will be shared.
5. Prepares/distributes reports following protocol.
6. Initiates supply orders for department. Cleans/maintains equipment and initiates repairs.
7. Cleans/stocks department based on infection control procedures.
8. Completes necessary paperwork including charge slips and device charts.
9. Documents information in medical record.
10. Notifies physician of any status changes immediately.
11. The job holder must demonstrate current competencies for job position
12. Maintains patient confidentiality.
13. Perform device checks according to industry standards while demonstrating clinical competency.
14. Utilize sound skills and judgment to appropriately triage patents in clinic and by phone to provide excellent patient care and to ensure appropriate disposition of patients.
15. Demonstrates effective and efficient work habits, producing a sufficient amount of quality work while adequately communicating to management the ability to carry out assigned duties in the time allotted or the need for additional duties.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience with pacemakers preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.