Position Summary: The Anesthesia Technician is an integral member of the Perioperative Team working out of the operating room theater. The role is to assist Licensed Anesthesia Providers in the acquisition, preparation and application of the equipment and supplies required for the administration of anesthesia. The Anesthesia Technician is responsible for assisting with anesthesia charges, inventory, monitoring supplies and maintaining adequate PAR levels and proactively identify any area that improves safety and efficient operation of this specific aspect of clinical service as well as completes other duties as assigned while exhibiting exemplary core customer service skills.
- High School graduate or equivalent, required.
- Associates degree in healthcare related field, preferred.
- Successful completion of two-year approved American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT) or Surgical Technician program, preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Anesthesia Technician or Surgical Technician in the Operating Room required OR
- Minimum of 1 year experience in healthcare, such as a Medical Assistant in critical care area, required.
- Prior experience and comfort level with airway management, sterile equipment, and sterile fields, required.
- American Heart Association Healthcare provider course with Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required to be initially completed with the TH Organizational Development Office within 30 calendar days of hire date (exceptions to obtain certification from a provider other than the TH Organizational Development Office are approved by TH Organizational Development on a case by case basis). BLS Recertification is required every two (2) years.
- Certified Anesthesia Technician (Cer.A.T.) certification, preferred.
- ACLS and/or PALS, preferred.
- Compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality of patient information, required.
- Exemplary verbal communication skills, required.
- Exemplary core customer service skills, required.
- Ability to understand medical/surgical terminology.
- Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members.
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (e.g., face mask, goggles, latex/non-latex gloves) as needed.
- May be exposed to infectious specimens, diseases, and soiled laundry, however, potential for personal harm or injury is reduced when proper safety and health precautions are followed.
Physical Requirements: Medium Physical Agility Test (PAT) Rating
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) required to stand, sit, and walk; occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) to use hands, fingers; and frequently to talk or hear. The employee must exert 20 to 35 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 15 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.