Covenant Health is seeking a Full-time, Day Shift Associate Medical Assistant with the Covenant Family Medical Clinic at Covenant Plainview.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Job Summary :
The Associate Medical Assistant (MA I) works unders the delegation of a licensed practioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing basic patient care to assigned patients. Basic patient care needs will be met though both administrative and clinical duties. An Associate Medical Assistant (MA I) is expected to perform in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, presenting problem, and other medical information.
- Ensure confirmation of patient identity with each patient encounter.
- Document all interactions in patient's medical record.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner and as appropriate per role and certfication, obtain specimens, perform required testing, administer medications via oral, topical, otic, ophthalmalogic or inhaled routes; administer vaccines including combination or multi-dose vaccines.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner, assist or perform point of care tests and clinical procedures as appropriate to scope of role and certification.
- Reinforce patient education, materials, and lab results (normal); return phone messages; all as directed by the licensed practitoner.
- Follows correct procedures for handling and disposing of biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- Perform administrative and/or clerical support duties for practitioner, other medical assistants, or clinic/location as directed. (ex: pre-authorizations, schedule appointments, referrals, clinic inventory and/or outdated medications/supplies, etc.)
- Works in a safe manner, adhering to general safety precautions and standards. Reports any unsafe conditions to their supervisor and/or the safety hotline.
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations established for the organization.
- Actively participate in continuing education and clinic/location staff meetings and/or trainings.
- Assists with emergencies as needed under the direction of a licensed practitioner.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organzation and serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with anyone outside the organization.
- Flexibillity is a must; to meet the changing needs of the patients and the various clinics.
- Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances, instill trust in others while upholading the values of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbaly, as well as to interact in a professional manner with colleagues, patients, families, and visitors.
- Demonstated PC skills (ex: MS Office and EHR use)
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to present professionally in all encounters and maintain a respectful environment of cultural diversity.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve, and prioritize multiple tasks under pressure.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers, physicians and other staff members.
- Must possess basic knowledge of vaccinations, medications, their use, to include brand and generic names related to the clinic/location supported.
- Must possess knowledge and use of basic medical terminololgy related to role.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: Coursework/Training - Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants or alternate training program
Experience: Medical assisting experience in a clinic setting (0-6 months)
Licenses and Certifications:
- Incumbent must obtain certification within 180 days of hire: National Certification (AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP)
- AHA accredited BLS within 30 days of employment.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- 6 months Prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment.
- 6 months Previous experience in a healthcare setting working with an Electronic Health record (EHR).
Licenses and Certifications: Active National certification/registration AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP as a Medical Assistant as a Medical Assistant.
Covenant Health is celebrating over 100 years of serving Lubbock and our South Plains region. As the oldest and largest health system in Lubbock and the region, we currently employ over 5,200 people with a medical staff of over 600 physicians.
For over 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry of healing.
As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as Sacred Encounters.
Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed beds:
Covenant Medical Center - CMC
Covenant Plainview - PLV
Covenant Levelland - LVL
Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock)
Covenant Medical Group (CMG)
Covenant Health Partners
Hospice of Lubbock
Covenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square miles.
Covenant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Positions specified as “on call, per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Covenant Health
Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: R345720