Centura Health - Westminster, CO
Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 21,000 of the most talented hearts and minds in medicine.
Through Centura Health’s 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician clinics, Flight for Life® Colorado, home care and hospice services, we offer a diverse range of work settings in a Colorado or Kansas community you will love to call home.
Enjoy amazing people, competitive pay, some of the best benefits in the industry and plenty of opportunity for professional growth and development.
If you’re ready to discover the difference of working for a fully-integrated health system with a non-profit, faith-based mission to care, we look forward to receiving your application.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 109352
RECRUITER: Naz Asifi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
CLINIC: This position will float to our outpatient physical therapy offices in the Denver Metro area.
DETAILS: Monday – Friday; business hours
HOURS: This is Per Requested Need (PRN) or “as needed” position. There are not a guaranteed number of hours offered each week. This position is not benefits eligible. Occasional travel to other sites to meet the needs of the clinic may be required.
Responsible for a continuum of services providing care to patients with neuromuscular, orthopedic and other physically-related disorders requiring mobility training, strengthening, modalities, specialized manual therapy and neuromuscular re-education. Utilizes rehab process to promote and restore optimal health and well-being of the patient. Assumes personal accountability for organizational mission and core values.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Degree in Physical Therapy required. Master's or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy, preferred
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Previous work experience providing direct patient care in outpatient, inpatient or inpatient rehab unit preferred. Prior use of electronic medical records (EMR), preferred
- Current Colorado state licensure as a Physical Therapist Current Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an *)
- Evaluates patients, presenting or referred to physical therapy, by completing initial evaluation within time standards per department protocol. *
- Applies appropriate diagnostic and prognostic testing for musculoskeletal, neurological and neuromuscular conditions. Standardized testing will include special tests to determine level of disability and track outcomes over the patient care experience. *
- Performs a variety of best practice and evidence based therapeutic interventions to address the unique rehabilitation needs of each patient. Establishes appropriate treatment plan with measurable and attainable goals and time frames by collaborating with patient, family and other members of the health care team including discharge planning. Selects and implements therapy activities per plan of care to ensure that patient, family and therapy goals are met. *
- Recognizes individual limitations and capabilities and utilizes available resources. Evaluates patients' learning style and appropriately teaches patients skills and techniques required for participation in physical therapy. *
- Consults with other members of rehabilitation team to select the most appropriate activity and/or program for individual patients, based on patient needs and capabilities. *
- Evaluates assigned patients and develops treatment plans including specific goals and activities, reassessing and modifying plans as necessary based on patient's current level of function and makes appropriate disposition recommendations. *
- Communicates effectively to all patients, families, staff, physicians and other customers concerning physical medicine and rehabilitation services by direct verbal and/or written communication respecting confidentiality at all times. *
- Documents all patient care activities including evaluations, progress notes and detailed treatment records per standards of practice and regulatory/third party payer requirements. *
- Facilitates preparation of patient schedules, billing charges and other reports per medical records procedure through timely completion of documentation per policy. On all documentation, utilizes descriptive, behavioral terms using correct grammar, organizationally approved abbreviations and medical terminology. *
- Documents ongoing status, interventions, patient response and outcomes to correctly capture billing charges. *
- Participates in personal, professional and program development by attending department in-services, meetings and by sharing professional expertise to enhance quality of professional services and staff development. *
- Assists in training physical therapy and physical therapist assistant students and other hospital personnel. *
- Acts as a resource for new staff members and co-workers by sharing information and providing education. *
- Adheres to professional code of ethics (APTA) and to all accreditation and regulatory requirements. *
- Demonstrates effective time management and is proactive in prioritizing workload and meeting productivity requirements. *
- Adapts to rapidly changing technologies, policies, regulations, census and staffing through priority setting and flexibility. *
- Consistently demonstrates flexibility as evidenced by floating to other areas or sites and is agreeable to work flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evening hours necessary to meet the needs of the patient and the department. *
Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.