Lakeland Hospital - Niles - Niles, MI
Relief/PRN Variable, will work around student schedule Variable Shift
· Performs a wide range of general diagnostic radiographic procedures in the radiology department, in surgery, and at the patient bedside while assuming responsibility and maintaining the general care and safety of patients during diagnostic procedures.
· Operates computed radiography equipment including plate reader and remote operator panel, direct digital radiography equipment, mobile x-ray and C-arm equipment.
· Utilizes the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS), administers intravascular contrast media per protocol and assists physician in performing procedures.
· Must be currently enrolled in a Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) accredited radiography program and have completed the first year of a radiography program.
· Must be certified by the American Heart Association in BLS for Healthcare Providers.
· Must possess excellent interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with patients, co-workers, physicians, and other practitioners.
· Must possess sound knowledge in the production of radiographs (i.e. technical and positioning competencies) and demonstrate competency in the use of digital and conventional radiographic equipment and PACS.