Memorial Hospital Miramar - Miramar, FL
Performs diagnostic procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
1. Reviews patient history and physician’s orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient’s understanding and cooperation.
2. When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports changes in status as appropriate.
3. Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
4. Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure. Enters, transmits and reports scan results.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Technologist or Diagnostic Medical Sonographer program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Registered as a Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer, Adult Echocardiography (RDCS) (AE) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), or as a Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
Required Work Experience: 1 year pediatric experience imaging congenital heart defect and surgical repair at an accredited ICAEL institution.
When the City of Miramar was founded back in 1955, fewer than 200 people lived there. Today, it’s home to 200,000 residents who can call upon Memorial Hospital Miramar when they need outstanding compassionate care. With 178 beds, Memorial Hospital Miramar includes 162 acute-care beds, a 16-bed Level II NICU, and The Family Birthplace, which has welcomed nearly 30,000 babies into the world since the hospital opened in 2005.
Services also include:
• Cardiac Telemetry Unit
• Imaging Services
• Intensive Care
• Women’s Services
• Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
• Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Pediatric Therapy Services
• [U18] Sports Medicine for athletes 18 and younger
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
Memorial Hospital Miramar has been named by Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine as one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals, and has won the Guardian of Excellence Award from HCAHPS Press Ganey every year since 2008.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.