Tender Touch - Smithtown, NY
Physical Therapist Job Description
1. Graduate of an accredited university with a B.S., MA, or M.S. in Physical Therapy that is recognized by the APTA.
2. Holds current license and/or registration in the state (as applicable)
1. Provide a comprehensive physical therapy evaluation based on MD’s orders.
2. Document findings on the standardized evaluation form neatly, accurately and adhering to all guidelines.
3. Provide a comprehensive treatment plan including long and short term goals, frequency, duration and treatment modalities.
4. Ensure MD orders are obtained for evaluations, treatments, recertifications and discharges.
5. Provide comprehensive treatment to patients utilizing modalities and modifying patient treatment as indicated while adhering to precautions.
6. Document patient’s progress on weekly progress note accurately and timely.
7. Document monthly updated treatment plan on standardized form in timely manner.
8. Document patient’s discharge and in-services on a discharge summary as indicated.
9. Document any caregiver or discharge in-services on an in-service form as indicated.
10. Complete any and all other documentation forms required by Tender Touch.
11. Document care plans and information needed for the MDS as deemed necessary by the facility.
12. Attend facility and rehab meetings as indicated by supervisor and/or regional manager.
13. Participate in facility committee meetings as indicated.
14. Act as a rehab delegate to the interdisciplinary team.
15. Participate in scheduling of patients.
16. Perform screens as indicated.
17. Complete billing logs and bill patients ethically and accurately for physical therapy services rendered.
18. Cover other therapists patient caseload during absence as necessary
19. Supervise junior staff members or students in compliance with State PT Board regulations and requirements. Co-sign notes of assistants or students.
20. Maintain professional relationship with co-workers, facility staff, patients and patient families.
21. Provide inservice education regarding patient care or physical therapy services to rehab staff, facility staff, hospitals and/or community as needed.
22. Comply with all facility and Tender Touch safety policies and procedures.
23. Comply with patient confidentiality and Federal Resident Rights.
24. Report to work on time, adhere to scheduled hours and project a professional image at all times.
25. Adhere to productivity requirements, complete productivity reports and submit in a timely manner.
26. Comply with all Tender Touch policies re: lunch, overtime, sick and time off notification.
27. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by demonstrating and communicating in a professional manner so as to foster positive relations with customers, clients, co-workers and managers.
28. Perform any other duties assigned by the department supervisor, lead therapist or regional manager.
29. Adhere to any and all other Tender Touch written and oral policies and procedures.
30. Tender Touch may request your availability to travel to facilities within reasonable distance.
1. Employee should be able to transfer patients, lift weights, transport patients and perform treatment on the mat.
2. Employee should be knowledgeable in and exercise good body mechanics during patient treatment.
Tender Touch is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.
Back to Search Results
Be Part Of The Team
Submit an inquiry to learn more about joining Tender Touch.
SUBMIT A PRN INQUIRY
Refer A Friend
Know someone who would be a great fit at Tender Touch?
REFER A FRIEND