Centura Health - Lakewood, CO
Ortho Colorado Hospital is this state’s only specialty orthopedic surgical hospital. Created by physicians in partnership with Centura Health, Ortho Colorado integrates state-of-the-art technology and award-winning care into a 48-bed facility designed around the seven essential elements of true healing: nature, color, light, environment, security, way-finding and culture. Located on the recently-built St. Anthony Medical Campus in Denver’s western suburb of Lakewood, Ortho Colorado is serviced by light rail transportation (for an easy commute) and surrounded by great dining, shopping, residential areas and easy access to nearby destinations like Red Rocks Amphitheatre, historic downtown Golden, and the beautiful town of Evergreen.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 114814
Recruiter Contact: Gwyn Williams - firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinic/Department: 7374 ORTHOCOLO PULMONARY
Hospital: OrthoColorado Hospital
Schedule: Per Request Needed
Perform respiratory procedures under physician direction in all patient areas. Responsible for patient assessments, care plans, plan implementation and evaluation and revision of therapy plan as needed. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure the most effective and efficient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Utilizes knowledge of patient’s age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care. Supports the organization vision and mission and practices performance improvement techniques to assure the delivery of the most effective patient care.
Minimum Education Requirements
Associate or Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
Completion of an accredited Respiratory Therapy Education Program, i.e. CoARC, JRCRTE, or CAAHEP
High school diploma or GED
Minimum Experience Requirements
1 year of respiratory therapy experience, preferred
Prior use of electronic medical records (EMR), preferred
- Current credential of CRT or RRT by N.B.R.C
- Current state Respiratory Therapist Licensure (RLT) in applicable state of employment.
- Current BLS certification from American Heart Association.
- Current ACLS certification form American Heart Association upon hire or obtain within 6 months of hire
- Current PALS certification upon hire or obtain within 6 months of hire
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
- Delivers respiratory care procedures to patients in general, acute, critical care and emergency areas according to departmental policies and procedures.*
- Performs therapeutic modalities including patient monitoring, medication delivery, ventilation management, expansion therapy, and bronchial hygiene. *
- Performs diagnostic testing including ABG's, PFT's, EKG's, cardiac, bronchoscopy, and pulse oximetry. *
- Assists in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency care by providing airway maintenance and management, cardiac support and other assistance as needed to expedite patient and physician needs.*
- Responds to patient needs in a timely, effective manner. *
- Provides patient and family education and teaching. *
- Transports patients within the hospital or between facilities. *
- Ability to provide on-call coverage outside of standard scheduled hours per department and/or facility policy. *
- Develops care plan from thorough assessment via protocol criteria or directed physician order. *
- Documents all patient care activities including evaluations, progress notes and detailed treatment records per standards of practice, legal requirements and regulatory/third party payer requirements. *
- Documents ongoing status, interventions, patient response and outcomes to correctly capture billing charges. *
- Coordinates and communicates effectively to all patients, families, staff, physicians and other customers concerning respiratory therapy services by direct verbal and/or written communication respecting confidentiality at all times. *
- Technical and interpersonal problem solving. *
- Determines the proper function of all equipment used and make interventions as needed. *
- Anticipates, recognizes and assists others in identifying patient complications and reactions related to respiratory care. *
- Demonstrates effective time management and is proactive in prioritizing workload and meeting productivity requirements. *
- Adapts to rapidly changing technologies, policies, regulations, census and staffing through priority setting and flexibility. *
- Participates in personal, professional and program development by attending department in-services, meetings and by sharing professional expertise to enhance quality of professional services and staffdevelopment.*
- Assists in training respiratory therapy staff, students and other hospital personnel. *
- Acts as a resource for new staff members and co-workers by sharing information and providing education.*
- Adheres to professional code of ethics and to all accreditation requirements.*
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
- Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.