Hospital Main Campus, KS - Kansas City, KS
PRN varies Varies Currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelors of Nursing pro I am at least 18 years of age I am authorized to work in the United States I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a PRN Nursing Associate on our Blood & Marrow Transplant unit (BMT).
· Works under the direction of a RN/Charge Nurse and performs within the scope of the KSBN Nurse Practice Act as unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP).
· Performs basic unlicensed skills (ADLs and vital signs) and Associate I skills and techniques.
· Seeks direction and supervision from an RN on any task not trained or not meeting competency.
· Communicates changes in patient's condition promptly and appropriately to the RN.
· Accurately completes order entry in electronic medical record as requested by manager/unit needs.
· Answers patient call lights proactively on the unit.
· Receives/relays all forms of communication accurately, promptly, courteously, and to the appropriate person/department.
· Currently enrolled in an accredited School of Nursing to obtain a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing
· Has completed basic nursing skills class/lab with documentation of knowledge/competence of required basic skills required
· Techniques Checklist
· Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.