Westwood Campus - Westwood, KS
PRN 0700-1800 Days Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program I am at least 18 years of age I am authorized to work in the United States I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Medical Assistant
· Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
· Accurately schedules radiology tests; obtains films and reports; and prepares laboratory specimens according to policy.
· Assists physicians and/or nurses with special procedures and examinations as defined on competency checklist.
· Collaborates with members of the health care team in coordinating and implementing plans for patient care; may record elements of the patient history for clinical staff review.
· Electronically submits, calls and/or faxes in prescriptions and refills to outpatient pharmacies
· Ensures data collected for completed procedures is recorded on appropriate forms and in medical records
· Maintains medical records; ensures all required documentation is available in the medical record; distributes reports and correspondence; files, photocopies and processes forms related to medical charts.
· Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of examination rooms; stocks assigned areas and ensures par levels of supplies are maintained; checks and completes required logs and equipment such as refrigerator logs, eyewash logs, emergency/crash carts, suction and other required checks.
· Performs clerical duties such as greeting patients; registration; scheduling; pre-certification of tests, procedures and medications; processing insurance forms; preparing financial records; answering phones; and entering ambulatory care charges.
· Performs simple procedures as directed by the ambulatory nurse or physician and as defined on the competency checklist.
· Performs vital signs, height, weight, and screening procedures and documents in medical record
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Graduate of Medical Assistant Program required
· BLS Certification required
· Previous medical office experience preferred
· Must be able to read, write and speak English
· Basic typing and word processing required
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***