Lakeland Health - St Joseph, MI
Relief/PRN Variable Variable Shift
· Responsible for observing, planning, organizing, administering, documenting and evaluating clients in order to coordinate specialized treatment programs for individuals who have physical, psychological or developmental problems.
· Directs therapeutic goal directed programs for clients who require specialized assistance in learning skills to enable them to lead independent, productive, and satisfying lives.
· Evaluates client's physical and psychosocial strengths and limitations to establish a therapeutic treatment plan to gain a desired function or mental response, administers occupational therapy treatment to clients according to AOTA Standards of Practice and department guidelines.
· Maintains and completes accurate documentation of department records and reports and assures effective communication processes regarding Occupational Therapy treatment.
· Must be a graduate of an accredited college of Occupational Therapy.
· Must be registered by the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
· Must be licensed in the State of Michigan.
· Must be able to develop professional rapport with all clients, possess the ability to communicate professionally and effectively in all interactions and possess interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with sick and/or anxious patients of all ages in order to gain their participation and allay apprehensions.
· Ability to provide effective instruction to patients, family members, and care providers required.