Memorial Regional Hospital - Hollywood, FL
Under the supervision of a physician, physician assistant or registered nurse, provides patient care to orthopedic patients.
1. Performs routine orthopedic procedures, including fitting, applying and removing casts, splints, bandages, braces, walkers, crutches, and traction.
2. Provides education to patients and their families on their injuries and use of casts, splints, crutches, and other orthopedic devices.
3. May assist physician with orthopedic surgical procedures and/or with orthopedic procedures.
4. Maintains stock of orthopedic equipment and supplies.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Medical or Orthopedic Assistant program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
Required Work Experience: 1 year Previous Physician Office Experience Required
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.