Lakeland Homecare - St. Joseph/Benton Harbor - Benton Harbor, MI
Relief/PRN Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:30pm, relief Day Shift
· Responsible for assessing, planning, organizing, administering, documenting and evaluating direct physical therapy patient care in accordance with accepted physical therapy practice and the physician's overall treatment plan.
· Establishes and directs treatment plans carried out by PTA's and ATC's.
· Performs a thorough and complete evaluation of patients properly referred according to Michigan law in order to determine the patient's rehab potential and establish an individually based treatment plan.
· Administers physical therapy treatments to patients according to professional standards and department standard operating procedure in order to maximize the patient's potential functioning level and to achieve treatment goals.
· Maintains and completes accurate documentation, department records and reports for all assigned patients in order to provide a clear record and to communicate patient's treatment plan and progress to the referring physician.
· Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy (APTA) required.
· Must have current PT license in the State of Michigan
· Current CPR certification.
· Must possess interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with sick and/or irritable patients of all ages in order to gain their cooperation and allay apprehensions.
· Must be able to provide effective instruction to patients and family members.